Friday, January 28, 2011

Friday's Obervations

Precipitation: Light snow in the late afternoon.
Sky Conditions: The sky has been consistently covered with a layer of stratus clouds. I would estimate that 80% of the sky was covered. In the late morning some sun was visible but filtered by the cloud cover.
Wind conditions: I noticed a slight breeze from the North west.

To verify my findings today's weather conditions were noted by Weather Underground at 5:33pm:  Temperature- 27.7 degrees F with a dew point at 20 degree F
Wind: from the Northwest at 5.1mph
Sky Conditions: Slightly cloudy/overcast
Radar:

My Forecast: I predict that the light snowfall will continue into the mid evening. Cloud cover will continue throughout the day Saturday cover 80% of the sky. The temperature will fall to around 0 degrees F overnight and rise to a high between 15-20 degrees F on Saturday.

On another note here is today's interesting news...
A personal story was that upon arriving home yesterday afternoon I found water seeping down my bedroom wall due to an ice dam on the roof. this was due to repeated snowfalls and then an increase in temperatures during the day into the double digits and repeated coolings overnight. Eau Claire residents should be aware of roof damages due to ice build ups throughout the Wisconsin winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment