Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday's Observations

SO I know I didn't post on Friday or Saturday and I missed a bunch of great weather information. Eau Clair eis currently covered in snow. It started falling rapidly at around 10am this morning. Since then over 3 inches have fallen  and accumulating rapidly. The temperature is currently 27.5 deg F the wind chill is 18 deg F. The dew point is at 26.8 deg F. The sky is currently 100% covered with cumulus clouds. Precipitation is falling in the form of snow. Visibility is about 1/4 of a mile. the barometer reads 1012.2mb. There is a wind from the NE at around 10mph. The radar shown show the band of the snow storm that is covering the MN and WI region.
The roads are even so bad in this region that the I-94 is shut down between the Twin Cities and Eau Claire by the Department of Transportation. I hope everyone just drives safe. I'm setltle in with my favorite cup of hot cocoa and watch it pile up outside my door.

No comments:

Post a Comment