Sunday, May 8, 2011

Sunday's Observations

Surprise! I'm blogging from outside on my step today! It has been beautiful this weekend compared to our last 9 months. So sorry I didn't post on Friday I totally thought that I had but when I came back today there was nothing. So to start off Friday began our stretch of warmer warmer (sadly I did not get to enjoy it much as I was inside all day). Here is a picture I took of the skies on Friday afternoon over the Chippewa River near Water Street. It shows Cumulus humulus clouds.

And luckily the warm days has stuck through the weekend.  here is a picture of the beautiful skies over downtown Eau Claire and the Chippewa River that I took yesterday. it shows some cumulus congestus  clouds.

I was near 65 deg F on Saturday and today is proving just as nice. Soooo here is today's lovely weather update...

The temperature is currently 67.3 deg F with a wind chill of  61.5 deg F. The dew point is 34 deg F creating a relative humidity of  29%. The wind is at 6mph from the SE. This breeze is a little cooler creating the cooler wind chill today. The skies are 50% covered with half  thin cirrostratus clouds and half slightly lower altostratus clouds. The barometer is at 1014.4mb and falling as another low pressure system approaches the midwest. The stratus clouds tell us that there may be precipitation in 15-20 hours. This map from the Weather Channel shows the low pressure system over the rockies and the precipitation over Minnesota. We can expect to see this rainfall in Eau Claire as the evening appraoches.

No comments:

Post a Comment