Monday, May 2, 2011

Weekend Recap and Monday's Observation

So sorry for no weekend update. I was in Nebraska since Friday for a regional conference. I will however report that Saturday in Nebraska was beautiful and sunny. I sat outside just to soak in some of its warmth. It is not however that wonderful warmth has sadly not come to Wisconsin. I was obviously wrong about my predictions for a warm up in Eau Claire.

Today's temperature is 37.8 deg F with a wind chill of 31.6 deg F. The dew point is 22.1 deg F creating a relative humidity of 53%. There is a chilly wind blowing from the North at 7mph. The barometer is at 1025.9mb which is considerably higher than last weeks low mb readings. The skies are currently 80% covered with stratocumulus clouds. I believe that this indicates that tonight will still be cool but that the night will be a cold one and that the clouds will dissipate over the next couple of days. This map from the Weather Channel shows that indeed Wisconsin is in a high pressure dome currently. I would like to note that there is a low pressure system over the west coast. I predict that this will bring Eau Claire more stormy weather by Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment