Monday, February 7, 2011

Construction of The Ark may come early

I have this running joke going that I'm building an ark to save us all from the flooding that is soon to happen across the midwest and especially in Eau Claire this spring. My house is located directly where the Eau Claire River and Chippewa Rivers converge (better known to Geographers as the confluence). My house was almost flooded this fall when the Chippewa River Flooded the banks of 1st Ave. I was scannign the weather sights today and I found this article: With Warm Ups Come Flooding Concerns . Although this article doesn't discuss the Midwest directly I still  found it to be applicable to the region's winter weather trends. There is a part in the article that says that "10 inches of snow equals an inch of liquid". Seeing as Eau Claire, WI recieved 22 inches in 48 hours in Decemeber and has accumulated several inches since then. I guess I will have to move my construction beginning date foward and start immediately since we have a predicted warm up on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment